Travelling Spants

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I´ll stick to black jokes from now on...

I know that flies in this crowd, right? So apparently I´ve offended some people with my post. That was not my intent and I apologize. I guess I didn´t realize that I had to tiptoe around you all to avoid hurting your delicate sensibilities. I should have prefaced it with a warning: not for the faint of heart. Obviously I don´t have anything against the many jewish people I know in the US and call my good friends. I was speaking strictly from my experiences specifically with Israelis I have met while travelling. I´ll admit, I got carried away with my comments, but I honestly thought no one would take offense at what I said. And thanks, but I understand that generalizing is bad and not all Israelis are the way I described. But those have been my experiences, consistently. And Guy, the person I was writing about, actually agreed with me when we talked about it afterwards. He agreed that a lot of Israelis think and act like they´re on top of the world. Does it sound asinine and ignorant coming from him? I thought my tone indicated that I was aware I was making unfair generalizations. I´m not trying to offend anyone but give me a break. You are all big kids and the only bullshit being leveled here is from those who pretend to have no prejudices whatsoever. That´s crap because it´s a part of life, it´s natural human behavior. So before you get on that high horse and criticize me for stating my opinion, take a look at yourself. You´d better be damn sure you´re squeaky clean.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gay jokes fly too.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kb, i like you a LOT. oh, and i've been meaning to thank you for all the books. i've finished all of them but Galapagos. That's next. I thought Franny and Zooey was annoying. I wasn't too in to either of their characters. Staggering Work was really funny. One of my favorites. I'll write you an email soon....or maybe you should write me.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was just offended because of my undying devotion to kaballah and Madonna, the queen jewess. and f brittney spears, that fat hillbilly traitor. if we only believed in hell, i'd say she'd end up there.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it still ok for me to make fun of retarded people and mongoloids? Or should I stop? To tell you the truth, I don't really want to stop. I'd have nothing to talk about. There's a girl who doesn't like my retard jokes but she also doesn't like my Hostess jokes either.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't understand why anyone would take offense, you were very specific sweetie, c'mon people lighten up and celebrate 6-6-6!

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    moni, one day you'll learn that not all races are equal, and that the superior ones are allowed to make fun of the inferior ones. like the way dominicans make fun of puerto ricans, or the way good looking smart people make fun of ugly stupid people. or the way kids from the OC make fun of kids from chino or riverside.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home