Travelling Spants

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Birthday

My day started at the zoo where we fed bison, nutria, goats, sheep, cows, bulls, camels, etc. Good start.


Brett somehow managed to go back to the sketchy La Boca neighborhood, where I had seen the painting that I liked, without me knowing. Cool birthday present.


We had some ghetto Chandon champagne and Schneider beer before heading out for dinner. Gary modeling a Schneider beer


Kelly and i bought the same dress in different colors (mine, of course, was black). I couldnt find black shoes so I wore hers as my "birthday outfit." Thanks KB


We had a delicious dinner at Gran Bar Danzon. It was full of class.


my wrist looks broken



After dinner we went to a bar in Palmero Hollywood called Mundo Bizarro (OMC was there)where we proceeded to take way too many pictures but i'll only subject you to 2.




Brett and I took a 14 hour bus ride to Mendoza the day after kelly and gary left. It was awesome. It was better than a 1st class plane ride...well, I'm guessing so. Dinner was served, complete with 4 courses and beer and wine. After dinner, you were able to watch a movie on your own dvd screen (we got to watch Get Rich or Die Tryin'...awesome) and you had your choice of coffee, tea, whiskey, or champagne. The seats laid completely down and you were surrounded by curtains. In the morning, we were served breakfast and choice of newspaper. By far the best overnight busride we've taken so far. On friday we went wine tasting and yesterday we took a 12 hour tour. It was ridiculous. We climbed a mountain on a road that had 364 curves (this one girl got sick) and visited a lot of historical sites. We went all the way to the border with Chile where we went to an altitude of 12,000 feet with a view of the Western hemisphere's tallest mountain, Aconcagua, at 21,000 feet. Tonight, we leave on another overnight bus ride. However, this time, it's not deluxe and it's 19 hours. Gross. We're heading south to the Argentina side of the Lake District. 3 nights there then on to a new country...Chile. Pictures to come much later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home