Travelling Spants

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

False Alarm!

Ok, so I know what some of you might be thinking...why the hell are you blogging so much? Go out and enjoy your trip! Well, my emailing and blogging days are ending today...well, at least the frequency of them. Tonight we're taking an overnight bus to Salvador and saying bye bye to the land of nice people, free food, house, and internet. Oh, and we never had to take taxis. Laedson would just call his driver and have him take us out on our errands. I'm a bit nervous..being on the move again. We'll be spending 5 days there then flying to Rio de Janeiro. This freaking country is huge. It's getting down to the wire to be in Buenos Aires on time and flying is about as much as taking a bus. Except flying takes 2 hours and the bus ride would take 28.

In regards to the memory card, well it's working. So here are some pictures over the last week:

This is Olinda; Recife's artsy cultural counterpart where several artists have their studios. We went back there after Carnaval to see what it was like without a million people drinking and peeing in the streets. Thats Recife in the distance.


Not quite sure if this was Carnaval-inspired or this home's everyday look.


Here's that drink we mentioned



Recife's beach was also very nice but there was this little problem:

Those are the jangadas that would take people out to small reefs during low-tide

Snorkeling! This is when i was hyperventilating

Dory

7 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jeff Schneider said…

    It looks like you could fry an egg on Bretts chest. I even felt a bit woozy by the heat radiating off his shelf. Word to the wise next time lather with SPF160. The snorkeling pictures made me feel a bit salty: 1)I wish I was there and 2)Snorkeling inevitably gets a bit of salt water both up your nose and down the hatch.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Reilly Winburn said…

    Yeah, what a shame....Of coure YOU were the one who apaparently passed me on the street and didn't stop to say hello. Ouch x 6.

    I didn't know you were gone. L.A. is a Siren. She'll woo you back and then we'll meet up.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger thealphafelines said…

    Reilly you make no sense.

    Ruby- airport code EZE, like the rapper? I'm in. gimme that nut.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noooooooooooo... don't end the blogging. It's great. I just gave Brittney and Tazeena the address (sorry about the spelling if it's wrong taz). You're accumulating fans. I may be a reader even if I'm not a responder!!

    If it means more fun though, I understand.

    -ash

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shockingly enough, bretts not burnt at all. that's just how his white white skin looks in the sunlight.

    passed you on the street? when was that alleged moment? woo me back. good one. kelly, youre right. no sense. and yes, EZE. get down here.

    ash, ill do my best. thanks for giving the address to them. ive been meaning to get brittanys email address.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Bishai said…

    KB are you really going? I'm way J. That stands for jealous. If you want to pack an extra large suitcase, I'll squeeze myself into that.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes, KB, are you really coming? email me. i cant stand the suspense. really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home